Wednesday

Senior Project- day 3

Well at least I had some better success today. I have successfully introduced all of my characters that relate key plot points. But at around noon after a few hours of writing, I tearfully had to delete a scene. Yes, I am a perfectionist and when I read it out loud it just didn't seem right. This ment that five pages (of which about two hours went into) disapeared into cyber space. To think of all the hours I have spent on the deleted scenes! So, realistically, this screenplay will end out being a short lifetime movie closer to 60 pages than a feature's 90-130. To be a one hour drama- which it could still become based on my work pace and inability to put my name to anything I don't like- would be nearer to 40 pages. Sitcom, which this is definitely not, 30. It's the narration that keeps getting me. When I read scripts as an actress, I see the story from my character's perspective. But as a screenwriter, I have to think for all characters, for the voice overs, the third person narration or even the apostrophes (When the audience is aware of a situation a character is not). All of this technique I kind of plunged into and I am sure that after a few courses on screenwriting in college, will be a lot more systematic and thus easier to control and move at a faster pace. Honsetly, writing a book is easier because the narration can be more controlled and the setting laid into the narration (like "she set down the glass thoughtfully") instead of imposed in the speech or in placed setting. As it is, It seems that though I have the full story in my head, I am writing at a snail's pace. Sitting in front of a computer is very frustrating and and added to my writers block, so I decided to go to the gym to get my brain out of its stupture and to get the creative energy juices flowing. Well, I think it worked. I got to a good stopping point right about now and tomorrow I am going to get to the climax then start the downfall so help me God. I will be really proud of myself when I am done with this- this was way more than I bargained for that's for sure! I'll keep you posted! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment